Children of all ages are welcome to come and worship at First Broad Street! Please come and join us in learning about the Lord through fun and exciting opportunities appropriate for the needs of any child.
We see parents as the primary spiritual teachers for their children. We are here to help equip you and provide any resources that you need. There are many opportunities for your child to engage on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and special activities. All children’s activities take place in the Wesley Wing.
- Sunday School (9:30-10:30 a.m.)
- First time visitors check in at the Checkpoint Assisted Station just inside the entrance of the Wesley Wing. Returning visitors and church members can check in their children at the kiosks on the first and second floors.
Students in kindergarten through fifth grade experience Bible stories through weekly rotational workshops in art, science, drama, video and missions. Each five-week session engages the students in a Biblical narrative which forms a basis for belief and practice far beyond childhood. Grade Level markers are indicated on each room, and Shepherds are always ready to guide the children. These small groups meet on the 2nd floor of Wesley Wing.
- Morning Gathering – Recreation Room
- Art – Room 233
- Temple/Drama – Room 240
- Science – Room 237
- Missions – Room 236
- Godly Play (11:00 a.m.-noon)
- Kindergarteners and children up to age seven are excused after the Children’s Message during the 10:45 Traditional Service and after the singing at the 10:45 Contemporary Service to go to Godly Play in Room 240 where they sing songs and worship together by listening to stories and using manipulatives.
Wednesday Evenings (6:00-7:15 p.m.)
- Following the Wednesday Night Live meal, children in Kindergarten through 5th grade participate in Art & Soul, a program that incorporates Bible stories, arts & crafts, and choral singing.