Children of all ages are welcome to come and worship at First Broad Street! Please come and join us in learning about the Lord through fun and exciting opportunities appropriate for the needs of any child.
We see parents as the primary spiritual teachers for their children. We are here to help equip you and provide any resources that you need. There are many opportunities for your child to engage on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and special activities. All children’s activities take place in the Wesley Wing.
- Sunday School (9:30-10:30 a.m.)
- Children from birth to Pre-K meet in classrooms on the first floor.
- Children from Kindergarten through fifth grade meet in classrooms on the second floor.
- First time visitors check in at the Checkpoint Assisted Station just inside the entrance of the Wesley Wing. Returning visitors and church members can check in their children at the kiosks on the first and second floors.
- Childcare is provided during the early and late services (before and after Sunday School) for children from birth through age three. We recommend that children ages 4 and up accompany their parents in the worship service.
- Preschool Worship (11:00 a.m.-noon)
- Preschoolers aged three and up are excused after the Children’s Message during the 10:45 Traditional Service and after the singing at the 10:45 Contemporary Service to go to the Preschool Worship Area in Room 137 where they sing, pray, and watch a video that ties into the morning’s lesson.
- Godly Play (11:00 a.m.-noon)
- Children from ages four to seven are excused after the Children’s Message during the 10:45 Traditional Service and after the singing at the 10:45 Contemporary Service to go to Godly Play in Room 240 where they sing songs and worship together by listening to stories and using manipulatives.
Wednesday Evenings (6:00-7:15 p.m.)
- Nursery care is provided during this time for children birth through age three.
- Following the Wednesday Night Live meal, children age four through 5th grade participate in Art & Soul, a program that incorporates Bible stories, arts & crafts, and choral singing.